So this morning I texted my sister to ask, yet again, what my brother-in-law wanted for his birthday. Yet again, she responded with “he doesn’t know!!”. So I proceeded with 3 angry emoji’s and she sent a screenshot of a voicemail she received which consisted of the following transcription:
“Hello, this is Jamie. This message is regarding our location and tracing efforts for Anastasia Begamot. Dial zero now to speak with a representative or call 877-254-5141. It is important that we speak with you in regards to their whereabouts. If we cannot verify this information through you, the law allows us to contact all references on file if you were unable to provide any information. Please contact us regardless at 877-254-5141, thank you.”
First- I told my sister 1,000 times to block this damn number because it’s a scam. They are only calling her because I have blocked them myself. Not sure how these people obtain phone numbers, but hey, it is what it is.
Second- This voicemail makes me sound like a wanted criminal. I haven’t decided if I am flattered or offended yet, I will keep you guys posted on my feelings with that.
Three- I googled this phone number and of course, plenty of people claiming to have received the same voicemail and when they call back are asked for their first and last name along with the last four digits of their social security number.
So I decided to give Jamie a call back. The conversation went something like this:
Robot: “You have reached “blah, blah, blah” (can’t remember what this robot said, sorry), if you do not know your parties extension please press 1.”
Me: *presses 1 and magically gets transferred to a “Jamie”*
Jamie: “Thank you for calling “blah, blah, blah” this is Jamie, how may I help you?”
Me: “Well, you left a voicemail for my sister about my whereabouts so here I am calling you back.”
Jamie: “Okay, what is your first and last name?”
Me: “Why do I have to give you my first and last name?”
Jamie: “Because we have so many different files, I need to see which one you’re calling in regards to.”
Me: “Mmmm, I really don’t feel comfortable giving you my first and last name though…”
Jamie: “Well, I’m sorry. There is no way for me to help you then, goodbye.” *click*
I was just trying to do Jamie a favor by returning her call, she didn’t have to be so short with me.
My parents just bought a new place and it’s wall papered from floor to ceiling in every damn room, and since I’m kind of a wall paper removal pro, I told them I would help. So here I am removing wall paper and I just can’t get Jamie off my mind. I can’t imagine the number of people Jamie calls and harasses per day. I have to do something about this “Jamie”. I day dream a lot so while I spent 5 hours removing wall paper, I also spent 5 hours day dreaming about the things I was going to do to Jamie. Here are a few ideas I’m currently brewing.
- Call back and when Jamie asks for my first name, I am going to respond with “Big” and when she asks for my last name, I am going to respond with “Foot”.
- Call back and ask Jamie how I can apply for a position at her company because I’m a really good scammer and would give myself an A+ when it comes to identity theft.
- Call back, give Jamie a first name and a last name and when she asks for the last 4 digits of my social security number I am going to respond with “6969, just like the position your boyfriend and I were in last night.” I think this one just may get under Jamie’s skin!
- Call back Jamie and when she answers the phone, start playing Lionel Richie’s lyrics to “Hello, is it me you’re looking for?”
- Call back Jamie and when she answers I’ll say “knock,knock.” Hopefully Jamie responds with “Whose there?” I’ll say “Amos.” Jamie will hopefully respond with “Amos who?” and I will respond with ” A mosquito!”
My thoughts of all the things I could possibly say to Jamie are endless. I decided that if I go forth with this, I obviously would need to record it and put it on YoutTube. I can’t let Jamie’s anger and frustration go unnoticed.
My blog is not even done yet, as you can see, the original platform is still all over the website, but I just had to get Jamie off my mind and this was the only way. I will keep the blog updated on mine and Jamie’s status and will post the link to my YouTube video as soon as I am finished with it.
In the meantime, if anyone cares to call and talk to Jamie, she can be reached at 877-254-5141. Please leave details about your phone call in the comments section!